3 Year Review Checklist
Here is a checklist of items we’ll need for your 3-Year-Review. We’ll need these items for all years being reviewed
- Tax returns and supporting documents (see below) for the past three years and amounts paid for preparing each year’s tax return.
- Social Security numbers or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) and birth dates for everyone included on your return (yourself. spouse, children and other dependents).
- Amount of state and local income tax paid last year.
- Checking/savings account and routing numbers.
- All tax forms such as W-2, 1098, 1099, 1095 or Schedule K-1.
- Medical insurance coverage Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, and/or 1095-C.
- Contribution records for IRAs or other retirement plans.
- Real estate and personal property tax payment records.
- Forms 1098 for mortgage interest paid.
INVESTMENT AND INCOME ITEMS
- Income & expense records for work you performed (not already shown on a W-2 or 1099).
- Records of other income and expenses (rental, Jury duty, gambling, alimony, etc.).
- Purchase date and your total investment in any stocks or other property you sold.
- Investment expenses.
- Amounts donated to your houses of worship, schools or other charitable organizations.
- Records of non-cash charitable donations.
- For any single donation $250 or more will need a copy of the donation receipt.
- Number of miles driven for charitable purposes.
EXPENSES & DEDUCTIONS
- Number of miles driven for medical purposes, and amounts paid for health care (insurance, doctors. dentists. hospitals. etc.).
- Records for childcare and higher-education costs.
- Unemployment income. if applicable.
- Records for HSA contributions, alimony paid, and student loan interest paid.
FOR YEARS PRIOR TO 2018
- Employment-related expenses (dues, travel, publications, fools. uniforms and uniform cleaning, job search, etc.).
- Moving expenses.